Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Favorite Holiday


One of my most favorite time of the year is thanksgivings day.
Is when families and friends get together and celebrate, this memorable day.
people travel from all over just to get together for this big event.
some people just go to the families or friends to eat that delicious American food .
A traditional meal is turkey with all the trimmings and lets not forget all the pumpkin and apple pies, and many more Delicious home cooking. I always say is nothing like Mamas home cooking.
And lets not forget to say thank you to; God and all the wonderful people who sacrifice there life's and make all this possible for as to have freedom and a great nation to live .
This is my favorite time of the year because is when i see some of my family and friends.
The last 5 years i been going to my best Friends house to have dinner i travel like 5 hours in my old Dusty truck but is all worthy. She knows what to do in her kitchen , example: she make everything scratch and her pumpkin and apple pies are so delicious. my very favorite is pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top...But most of all, I can't Waite for this holiday to get here and see some of my family,friends and have my slide of pumpkin pie with that soft melting whipped cream on top.

1 comment:

Liz Falconer said...

Nice post, Javier! I think the title should be My Favorite Holiday and Dessert. (They were actually supposed to be two different posts but you combined them very nicely.) I think we can break this into 2 or three paragraphs - we will work on that in class.
Note: whoop cream is actually whipped cream or whipping cream -- although we often pronounce it as whoop. I suggest you put quotation marks around the word to show that is what everyone at your gathering calls it -- "whoop" has a very festive connotation in English, so it is quite fitting.